The digital platform represents the innovation of this project, which lies in:
1) identifying the latest trends in sport theory and practice;
2) the joint collaboration of experts from different countries and backgrounds;
3) co-production of innovative educational content using digital technologies.
The use of digital technologies in education has become a standard in education, training, science and research not only in the world of education and work, but also in sports education.
Trends in education focus on the effective use of digital technologies and digitalised education & training contents make it accessible. The digitalisation of education materials is a global trend and at the same time, a logical step to advance in this highly digitalised age. Digital education contents provide access and engage a wide spectrum of sensory and cognitive functions. It represents an attractive and effective form of teaching, promotes clarity and links theoretical knowledge with practical life. We don´t aim at replacing the traditional way of teaching but we want to benefit from the advantages of modern technologies where their use make sense. Our goal is to achieve synergies between traditional and online education and this is highly innovative in our education and training of our trainers.
C-TRENDS platform brings together project outputs in one place:
- IO1 as Basic level
- IO2 as Advanced level
- IO3 as OptiCycle software
All parts contain information for five disciplines in cycling (road cycling, track cycling, mountain biking, cyclocross, cycling for the disabled) and are available in six languages: English, Slovak, Spanish, Portuguese, Hungarian, Greek.
Basic level contains:
- Characteristics of cycling and cycling sports
- Structure of sports performance
- Material equipment for cycling sports
- Setting the optimal position of the cyclist
Advanced level contains:
- Sports anatomy
- Physiology of physical exercise
- Human / athlete ontogenesis in terms of fitness skills
- Sports nutrition
- Doping in cycling sports
- Sports psychology
- Cycling coach
- Structure of sports performance in individual cycling sports – link to the basic level
- Sports training
- Overtraining and sports injuries
- Regeneration in cycling sports
- Planning the training process in cycling sports
- Registration of training and racing load and special cycling motor tests
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of the training load in cycling sports
- Medical examination for cyclists
- Evaluative training software for cyclists developed within the project (IO3).
This software is based on the numerical expression of the training load (its quantitative and qualitative indicators quantified over a precisely defined period) and numerical expressions of the level of sports performance (achieved performance in motor tests, racings, etc.) will determine the significance of the interrelation of these variables (training performance) with time shifts in the dependency rate from 2 to 6 weeks.